Bye Bye Bangalore!





The first feeling, when I heard that I have to move to Bangalore was that of excitement. But, when I moved here to build my career, I was terrified. Being born and brought up in a laid-back city like Mysore, I was not sure I could cope with the fast-paced life here.
I hated it here initially, I cried just on the third day in the city, I wanted to go back home. Yet, there was a certain comfort in the uneasiness of this city. 
Knowing, my home town was just 3 hours away, helped me cope to a considerable extent. Apart from that, I had most of my friends from graduation, pursuing jobs here.

In this short span of 2 and a half years, I stayed and worked in as many areas of bangalore as possible- Whitefield, Bellandur ,Marathalli, Kalyan Nagar, FrazerTown, Kengeri, Nagavara and CV Raman Nagar. I adjusted, learnt the ways of Bangalore, made peace with being stuck in this concrete jungle, became comfortable with the insane traffic and pollution and all these had just begun to stop bothering me. Bangalore had become "Home".

The view from "Home"

The amazing range of restaurants in the most happening areas of Indiranagar and Koramangala, the picturesque drive to Nandi hills, the microbreweries, IPL matches at Chinnaswamy Stadium with those "RCB- RCB" chants, the every weekend running away to Mysore, and how can I forget shopping at Commercial street!!  this city embraced me with open arms. Coaxed me in every possible aspect. If I had a choice, I would not want to get out of here, I would want to remain in my nest for the rest of my life.

A terrible picture of my room 😛

Nandi Hills

Bangalore- The Capital city of breweries 😁

TRUFFLESSSSSS!! The best burgers!! 😍😍😋

But, the show must go on.....

Now, 2 and a half years later, I am all set to move to another city, an even bigger an even more intimidating city, a city with much more traffic, much more pollution, a higher population. Without a doubt, I am much more intimidated, the very thought of moving to an unknown city makes me shiver. This time round I don’t have friends there, I don’t have my home just 3hrs away and I wonder whether I will ever get a good night’s sleep in the city that never sleeps. But my dreams are on the line, such dreams can only be fulfilled in the city of dreams or the “Sapnon ki Nagaree” - MUMBAI!

Thank you Bangalore , it was an honour to be a part , to live and contribute to you. MUMBAI, please be nice !

Source: ScoopWhoop


-Soul Serendipity
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Follow Soul serendipity on Instagram, click here: Soul Serendipity 


Neantha Vaz

No comments:

Post a Comment