The Brew & Barbeque


How do you prefer spending your weekends after 5 days of monotonous work at an organisation that doesn’t fascinate you enough? With friends? With freshly brewed beer? Watching a live band? Or filling your tummy with lip-smacking food? 

Choosing one from above seems impossible, doesn’t it? 

Bangalore just has the right place, where all the above come together.
The pub seemed empty, sceptical whether we chose the right place for a fun Saturday night we made our way to the extreme end of the pub. 

First things first, The Brew & Barbeque has a huge area and is very well done. They have a selfie booth which is sure a chick-magnet 💃.

The Photo Booth!!!

Dim lighting and a live band performing on some days is quintessential. (Fridays is Bollywood night is what I hear). Once the band is done performing, they have a DJ take over too, so there’s nonstop foot tapping music.

Love dim lights!
Now, let’s talk about the drinks.
  • Daiquiri
    Somewhat like margarita, this white rum based cocktail is worth a try, and for someone who doesn’t need too much alcohol for a kick, this sure is the best bet.

  • Sex on the beach
    This cliched pretty pink & refreshing cocktail was on the stingier side with respect to the amount of alcohol.

                             
  • Weizenbier
    Weizenbier is one of the many varieties of their in house brewed beer. Wheat based and sweet in taste, this is probably the best brewed beer that I have had in Bangalore. (PS: I like the beer if its sweet 😛)                           
I had less expectations on the food front, I was expecting just average quality of food, but, I left the restaurant all happy and high.
  • Crispy Potato Wedges
    I like when simple dishes are executed to perfection. And as the name promised, these wedges of potatoes were crisp. I just had a small concern- the dip they served with it didn’t really compliment the spiciness of the potatoes.

                              
  • Aglio Olio creamy Chicken
    I have heard of aglio olio pasta/spaghetti and I am a huge fan of the pasta, so when I heard this variation of aglio olio, I knew I had to try it. grilled chicken was served with a creamy dip and I enjoyed it to the fullest.

                            

  • Andhra Sholay Kabab
    As much as I love Andhra (read spicy) food, sholay kabab was amazingly spicy and made me want to lick the plate clean (I only wished I was at home with that dish 😛 )

                                 
  • Pork Spare Ribs
    I’m half Mangalorean and somewhere deep down a coorgie by heart. What are staple dishes in these 2 areas of Karnataka? Yes- Pork. I’ve been away from home for a long time now and so was craving for some pork. I grabbed the opportunity and ordered Pork ribs. I was disappointed as the taste did appeal to me, but the meat was a bit tough, probably not cooked enough.😐
                                       

  • Tandoor Prawns
    I had just a single prawn, but it was so good that it left me wanting more, before I could pick up another prawn, my friends had emptied the plate. I don’t even have a picture of the dish, that’s how good it was 😋  I’m definitely going back soon at least just to have the prawns 😀

  • Andhra Gunturu chickenWith a happy tummy I can say that this dish should probably be named TB&B flagship dish 😄 . it tasted like sholay kabab but spicier than sholay kabab. And as I said, I lovvvee spicy food, so yes this was the highlight of the night 😊
  • BiryaniThe quantity of the biryani was sufficient for 2 people. To be honest, I’ve had better Biryani’s. It was not Very good neither was it bad. It was an average tasting bowl of Biryani.                         

All in all, Brew and Barbeque is an extremely underrated place. I’m sure if it was in one of the prime locations like Indira nagar or Kormanagala it would have been crowded always. Wouldn’t mind visiting again, especially for the Gunturu Chicken. YUMMMM!!!😋 



Also,I hope this year will be another year full of great cuisines, an amazing culinary journey, trips and travels to many more unexplored lands and chick, yet cheap fashion. HAPYY NEW YEAR 2018!!💥💗

                                      

-soul serendipity

Neantha Vaz

No comments:

Post a Comment