Bricklane Grill


Among, what seems to be like millions of options of restaurants in Indiranagar, Bangalore, I was fortunate enough to have discovered Bricklane Grill. The roof top restaurant of Escape Hotel on 12th main road, Indiranagar, is simply astonishing.


They say- “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”. The ambience of Bricklane Grill proves this right. Simple yet sophisticated, this place is sure to leave an everlasting good impression on anyone who visits. The ambience is white, romantic and is lit up with tea light candles and fairy lights which doubles up the romantic quotient. The photos I post here, do not do justice so such a pretty place. 



Service is what makes any restaurant stand out. No matter the ambience, no matter the food, if the Staff are not cooperative the restaurant is not worth. But, the staff of Bricklane make sure your dining experience is worth every penny you spend there. Very alert and active and cooperative staff who leave you smiling at the end of your visit. 

Now let’s talk about what makes a restaurant a restaurant. Food & Drinks.😍
  •     Harvey’s Wallbanger.
Surprisingly, the bar menu is longer than the food menu 😕.  I asked the staff to recommend a vodka based cocktail and he recommended Harvey’s Wallbanger. I did not find anything special in it, neither was it disappointing. It was just vodka with orange juice and according to the staff sambuca too.


  •     Honey mustard Chicken Kabab.
Soft, succulent, perfectly cooked chicken kababs in a honey mustard sauce. To make it short and precise- I loved it! I had heard about honey mustard chicken n number of times. This was the first time I tried it. I never believed chicken, honey and mustard could go together so well.


  •           Ghee roast lamb with mint flavoured dosa.
Well, being a south Indian, and having inherited a little of the Mangalorean genes, I had to have this dish as soon as I saw- “Ghee roast” and the “Dosa”. And yet again, this dish did not disappoint me. The mutton was cooked to perfection with the right amount of spices. Interestingly enough, the dosa was much better than what you get in authentic south Indian restaurants. I wouldn’t mind another of that dosa 😜 . Unfortunately, I had to reserve space for other dishes.

  •  Shrimp Gambas.
Me, the prawn lover just couldn’t resist this dish. A little sweet and a little spicier, overloaded with pepper, made to set your tongue on fire, for me, it was just perfect after having the mildly spiced dishes.


  •    Mutton Rogan Gosht with Berry pulao rice and crispy onion.
Another mutton dish to satisfy my north Indian food loving taste buds. Again, I was not at all disappointed. Be it the rice, the crispy onion or the hero of the dish the mutton rogan gosht, all of them complimented each other very well. A well though about and very well put together dish.  According to me, the only downside of this dish was that the rogan gosht was a bit more watery than it should have been.


  •   Lemon cake tart with raspberry compote.
This is the only dish that let me down on that night. I love lemon tarts and cakes, I love the subtle citrusy flavour they posses. But the lemon cake tart at Bricklane Grill was a bit too tangy for my taste. I couldn’t finish it.

  •  South Indian coffee brûlée.
While one dessert disappointed me big time, this other dessert was the best I had at Bricklane Grill. An enhanced version of Crème brûlée, this, I can say is the synonym of “Perfect dish”. The crispy blow torched layer that cracked when you slid you spoon through it, and the super soft and fluffy layer underneath with that subtle yet obvious flavour of coffee blew my mind and I was on cloud 9! 




Ratings:
Ambience: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Food: 4.5/5
Overall: 4.8 (that’s amazing!) 

Yes, Bricklane lived up to my expectations and would 100% recommend this “Simple yet Sophisticated” restaurant.  


Neantha Vaz

No comments:

Post a Comment